Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Green tea + sleeplessness = Useless post



1:41AM: Decide to give it another try.

1:34AM: The birth of a clearly useless blog posting.

1:21AM: The Eureka moment: 2 cups of green tea at 4:40PM last evening. The motivation for my switch to this beverage from my usual Milo? A sore throat that was craving to be soothed by a hot, bland (vs. syrupy sweet) fluid. Note to self: STAY AWAY FROM CAFFEINE!!

1:14 AM: Tired of tossing around, get out of bed. Wondering what is keeping me awake in spite of having a long, busy day. Sitting in a dark room lit only by the computer screen.

12:37AM: A brain that steadfastly refuses to switch off. A couple of hundred sheep have jumped over the fence. Said brain latches on to some train of thought, spins a tale around it and just as sleep tries to take control, a hypnagogic myoclonus and I'm staring at the ceiling fan, wide awake. Try to think of positive thoughts, will myself to go to sleep: drawing a blank.

12:13AM: Shut down the computer and find that I'm not feeling all that sleepy. Still creep into bed, confident of falling asleep.

(Image courtesy: cartoonChurch.com)

1 comment:

  1. Good message to me too. I thot green tea was harmless ;)

    ReplyDelete