Tuesday, December 6, 2016

RIP Amma

Sad. I felt sad. There is still a ball of grief in the stomach. I welled up as it sunk in. And I hadn’t even voted for her. Ever.

I can now understand the emotions of the real supporters and followers. The outpouring of grief is genuine. A state stands bereaved and it shows.

Gutsy, stubborn and bold. Flawed, corrupt but bold. Easily the best choice for an administrator by a mile. A leader – in every sense of that word – that could strike an emotional chord with people in an age of elevated awareness, access to information and endless scrutiny. Mark my words: Karunanidhi's death, when it eventually happens, will be a mere foot note. 

The last of the charismatic leaders of Tamil Nadu is now no more, leaving a party and a state at the crossroads. 

I’m sad. RIP.

No riots, no disruptions, no mobs and no violence. Raw emotions, immense grief but peaceful all the same. #Tamil pride

No comments:

Post a Comment