Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Thursday morning

8:00 AM

As I got off the elevator and walked to the hotel lobby this morning, there were whispers and giggles among the front desk staff.

7:00 AM
rrrrrring....rrrrrrrring rrrrrring....rrrrrrrring

Me: Hello?
Girl (in a cheerful voice): Good morning Sir! This is your 7 AM wake up call.
Me (in a groggy yet matter-of-fact voice): Hi...I went to sleep very late last night...
Girl: ...
Me: I need some more sleep. Can you wake me up at 7:15, please?
Girl (in a serious voice): You mean seven, one, five?
Me: Yes.
Girl (again in a serious voice): OK...

Click.

7:14 AM
rrrrrring....rrrrrrrring

Me: Hello?
Girl (in a cheerful voice): Sir, its 7:15! You have to wake up!
Me (in a resigned voice): OK...Thank you.

Click.

I lay there, staring at the ceiling for a few minutes before I got out of the bed to take on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment